Last Updated: 03/12/2015
Tags: Best Time Of Year To Sell Your House For The New Year
Historically the busiest days of the year for people looking at property on line recorded last year were the days between Christmas & New Year, so if you want to start the new year with a sale it would be sensible to get ready to market before Christmas. Here are a few viewing tips:
With everything in life, first impressions count, so you will need to make sure that the front of the property is well groomed and maintained. Look at it as though it’s your shop window and you want to sell the contents. With these short days you will also need to consider making sure there is ample lighting for your potential buyer. Put away bins and makes sure that if you have a front lawn that this is kept well mown. Make sure that the number or name on your property is clear, some potential buyers might want to drive-by before committing to a viewing.
Once you’ve sorted out the ‘curb appeal’ of your property you will need to concentrate your attention on the inside.
• Finish off any half finished DIY projects or any areas that need attention, such a mould.
• Make sure your floor coverings are clean, if you have a carpet then it might be worth having this cleaned before viewings.
• Stage your home by turning on the lights, bed side as well, make your beds, open curtains, place flowers, bake bread, light the fire. Make sure your home feels warm for visits too.
• De-clutter your home – especially the kitchen and bathroom.
• Check all of your window dressings to ensure that they are in good order and not broken.
• Make sure that your home feels fresh, get rid of any pet smells and make sure pets are out of the way for viewings. You could ask a friend or a neighbour to look after them for you.
If you would like any other advice then why not get in touch with your local branch of Hawes and Co or give us a call on: 0208 946 100.