Published: 09/12/2016 Last Updated: 09/12/2016 11:37:26 Tags: Getting Your Home Ready For A January Sale
One of the first things to do is to contact a good local estate agent such as Hawes and Co, they will be able to give you all the advice you will need as well as a good indication of how much your home is worth.
Once you have instructed an agent to market your home you will need to make sure that your home looks at its best. Although it’s one of the most popular months for people moving – due to embracing a new year, new life, it’s also one of the hardest months to make your home look appealing, so here is a list of some of the things you can do to make your home look good this January:
• Make sure you finish off any DIY jobs
• Maximise the light in your home – put on bedside tables and lighting
• Make sure your home feels warm and inviting – if possible light an open fire if you have one.
• Make sure your home is clutter free
• Create curb appeal by making sure that the front of the property is well maintained, hid any bins, clean up drives and paths and keep flower beds turned over.
• If you have a light in your porch and are doing viewings late in the afternoon then make sure its on.
If you would like any more help and advice on how to sell your home this January, why not pop into your local agent or give our team a call on 0208 946 1000.