Published: 09/12/2016 Last Updated: 09/12/2016 11:33:46 Tags: How To Get A Good Nights Sleep
The impact of not getting a good night’s sleep is serious, some health experts have stated that those people who constantly get less than six hours per night are 13% more likely to die earlier than those people who have more than 7 hours sleep per night.
The NHS state that the main causes for insomnia comes from computers, stress and taking work home. They state that there are 7 main reasons why a good nights sleep can boost your health, these include: immunity, slimming, boosts mental health being, sleep prevents diabetes, increased sex drive, wards off heart-disease and increases fertility.2
If you would like to improve your night’s sleep then you could try these following ideas:
• Try and cut out caffeine during the day, especially the latter part.
• Make your bedroom a sanctuary, which means no computers, televisions, smart phones, no work.
• The best colour palette for a bedroom is soft blue.
• Try and avoid drinking too much alcohol as this will give you a disturbed night’s sleep
• Have a bed time routine – go to bed at the same time every night, have a herbal tea such as camomile which promotes sleep, light a candle, have a warm bath, read a book.
Check out the NHS beating insomnia guide: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/insomnia/Pages/bedtimeritual.aspx