Last Updated: 21/01/2016 17:48:03 Tags: What To Do In The Garden In March
So we have put together a list of jobs to do in your garden this March:
• Finish off pruning summer flowering creepers such as clematis, buddleia and wisteria. But don't cut any evergreen plants back until April, when the weather is warmer.
• Pull up any weeds that have grown throughout winter.
• Sweep paths and drives, and wash with a jet wash where necessary.
• Cut the grass, when its dry; this a great time of year for re-shaping boarders. If you need to lay turf then March is a great time for this, but wait until the last frosts before sewing any grass seed.
• Slugs – protect new shoots from slugs, put down salt or other organic pellets.
• Plant early potatoes, onions and summer flowering bulbs.
• If there are any warm days try and open up greenhouse and summer house vents, this will enable them to warm up and dry up any damp which has occurred during the winter months.
• Now is the time to start feeding fish again and you can also remove pond heaters.
• Open the green house doors to let the warm air inside.