Last Updated: 19/08/2016
Tags: Tips On How To Keep Your Tenant Happy
Keeping a tenant happy is key to successful property management, as it’s not only costly to keep replacing tenants and contracts it’s also hard work. One way in which you can view your tenant is as a customer, if you keep them happy then they will be more likely to take care of your property and stay for a longer period of time.
Here are some ways in which you can keep your tenants happy:
• Make sure that you are always responsive to questions and any problems
• Keep your property well maintained, if something needs fixing then do this as promptly as possible.
• Make sure if your tenant makes a request that you listen to it and respond accordingly. Such as if they would like the carpet updated, or an appliance needs upgrading – buying good quality appliances usually pays.
• If you have a great tenant then treat them like a great tenant.
• Think before you increase the rent, ask yourself whether it’s really necessary, as if your tenant refuses the new amount you might find that you have to spend more time on money on finding a new one.
If you are finding renting out your property is all time-consuming you might want to consider a lettings management company such as Hawes and Co, we can provide a fully managed property service freeing you up to take care of other matters. We can also offer advice on all the financial and legal paperwork – something which has become far more complicated of late. We can also manage tenants needs on a day-to-day basis, maintain your property, inspect it at regular intervals and collect the rent each month.
If you would like to find out more about our property management service then why not call our team on 0208 946100 or pop into your local branch for a coffee and a chat.